In case you haven’t heard, ESPN’s College Game Day is coming to Columbia this Saturday for an intense college football matchup between #5 Georgia and #6 South Carolina. Countless fans will be camping out on the Horseshoe, trying to find the best spot for Game Day. Ladies and Gentlemen, you will not want to miss this once in a lifetime college experience! But if you don’t know the importance of this greatly anticipated game, be sure to check out our overview by sport’s contributor Zach.
Understanding Game Day is not the only essential ingredient to having the perfect college football experience this Saturday. Whether you are planning to camp out all night Friday or just head over early Saturday morning, there are a few tips you should keep in mind. First of all, your wardrobe should never get in the way of enjoying the day.
Wardrobe Malfunctions to Avoid
- Cowboy Boots – I realize this is a popular trend, and I am truly a great fan of cowboy boots. But in 80 degree Columbia, S.C. weather? Lets be honest ladies, this is a bad idea in every respect. You will be hot, and we will be hot looking at you. Also, with College Game Day here in Columbia, you are sure to be walking even more than normal. Trust me, those blisters will not be worth it Saturday night.
- Strapless – It’s going to be a long day, and simply put – strapless is a bad idea. The constantly pulling and tugging, checking and forgetting to check gets old. This is an easily avoidable casualty.
- Heels – I never really understood the theory behind wearing heels to a football game. The miles of walking, inclined bleachers, and crowded spaces do not provide the ideal location to show off your favorite pair of stilettos. In fact, it’s the worst place.
- Too Tight + Too Short – This is always a bad idea. But at a game day atmosphere, the possibility of a wardrobe fiasco is only heightened.
- Unnecessary Additions – Sweaters, umbrellas, nonessential belts, and pretty much anything you don’t absolutely need should be left at home. Holding multiple items and trying to keep track of them will quickly become annoying. And no, no one will offer to hold them for you.
If the above items are the things you should avoid, then the following list you should most definitely own and bring to Game Day.
Game Day Essentials:
- The Perfect Outfit
- Comfy Shoes
- Power Bar/ Water
- Hand Sanitizer/ Facial Wipes
- Powder/ Small Compact
- Gloss/ Chapstick
- Extra Hair Ties
I hope these tips give you a good idea of what to do and what not to do this Saturday. What do you think of our Game Day advice? Let us know!